Founded in 1986, LaserShip is the largest regional e-commerce carrier in the U.S. For over three decades, we've been the leading provider of last-mile delivery services for the nation's largest online retailers and product supply businesses. LaserShip is a values-based, customer-oriented, and fast-paced organization composed of caring individuals and focused teams. With approximately 60 offices in 20 states, LaserShip continues to grow and provide excellent career opportunities for its workers.
LaserShip is a values-based, customer-oriented, high-growth and fast-paced organization composed of caring individuals and focused teams.
Supervisory position with the East Coast's largest regional next day delivery company. LaserShip provides final mile distribution services for large e-commerce companies. The position of Sort Supervisor overseeing the nighttime inbound package sort operation requires both experience in package sorting as well as supervisory experience.
This is a hands-on first level management position that requires that all activities of the sort team be handled with extreme time sensitivity and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Develop & implement procedures that optimize warehouse time and efficiencies
- Create work policies to enhance safety and time management
- Provide senior management timely operational reviews and improvements to increase efficiencies
- Ensure local and global KPI targets are being met
- Directly supervises employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Detail oriented with effective communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead others
- Previous warehousing/logistics experience
- Computer proficient. Above average MS Word/Excel skills
- HS diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred
Shift: Sunday-Thursday 4:00pm to 1:00am or Tuesday-Saturday 4:00pm to 1:00am
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vacation
LaserShip is an Equal Opportunity Employer