Location: Multiple Exclusive US Assignments
TotalMed is seeking experienced Registered Nurses (RN) specializing in Medical-Surgical (med-surg). These assignments are typically 13 week travel assignments with both day and night shifts available.
- Assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care plans
- Evaluating medical information
- Providing direct and individualized bedside nursing - care to pre-and post-surgery patients
- Preparing, administering and recording prescribed medications
- Changing dressings, inserting catheters, and starting IVs
- Adjusting specialized medical equipment, as well as and recording measurements
- Monitoring patients' vitals and reporting reactions to medications in a timely manner
- Collaborating on discharge planning with the healthcare team
- Answering questions and educating patients on surgical procedures and post-surgery care
- Maintaining and updating patient files, medical charts, and health records
- Adhering to best nursing practices, standards, and protocols
- State-approved nursing licensure
- In-depth knowledge of best practices in medical-surgical nursing
- At least two years' experience as a medical-surgical nurse in a similar facility
- Medical Benefits: Protect yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, and children from the start with our day-of-hire health insurance
- Dental: Stay with your favorite dentist for everything from routine cleanings to orthodontia for your kids
- Vision: Keep your vision 20/20 with our comprehensive coverage for exams, contacts, and eyeglasses
- Short and Long-Term Disability: Protect yourself and your family from unexpected illness or injury with our elective disability insurance
- Life Insurance: Keep your mind off of the worst case scenario with our robust life insurance policies
- 401(K): Enjoy the peace of mind that comes from enrolling in the best 401(k) plan in the industry
- Generous tax-free stipends!
- Join our new Travel for Life Referral Program and earn $1 for every hour your friend or colleague works for as long as you work at TotalMed!
Rely on the support of the TotalMed family. You put a lot on the line as a travel nurse, and with TotalMed, you'll always get the support and info you need, when you need it.
Experience the TotalMed Difference - Apply Today!