Wintrust is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion assets under management and traded on the NASDAQ:WTFC. Built on the "HAVE IT ALL" model, Wintrust offers sophisticated technology and resources of a large bank while focusing on providing service-based community banking to each and every customer. Wintrust operates fifteen community bank subsidiaries with over 170 banking locations in the greater Chicago and southern Wisconsin market areas. Additionally, Wintrust operates various non-bank business units including commercial and life insurance premium financing, short-term accounts receivable financing, out-sourced administrative services, mortgage origination and purchase, wealth management services and qualified intermediary services for tax-deferred exchanges.
Travel: up to 50% of the time
Why join us?
- An award-winning culture! We are rated a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune (past 8 years) and Employee Recommended award by the Globe & Mail (past 6 years)
- Competitive pay and annual discretionary bonus eligible
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life, a 401k plan with a generous company match and tuition reimbursement to name a few
- Family-friendly work hours
- With 175+ community bank locations, we offer opportunities to grow and develop in your career
- Promote from within culture
What you will be doing:
Talent Manager - NW and Western Regions
The Talent Manager is the point of contact for executive leadership, including CEOs, Market Heads and Lines of Business Leaders. They will lead strategic efforts for their business in the areas of compensation planning, individual development planning and initiatives for both engagement and diversity & inclusion. They will also lead efforts in Leadership Development Review and Compensation Cycle. They may be responsible to lead key change initiatives on behalf of Talent Management team. Will advise HR BPs as necessary and participate in matrix reporting structure with colleagues.
Compliance and Security
- Ensure legal compliance and mitigate risk related to employment by investigating employee complaints, interpreting and applying corporate policies with fairness and consistency and, ensuring compliance with local, state and federal employment laws and regulations.
Customer Focus Orientation
- Engage and influence senior leaders to support and implement consistent HR initiatives, processes and policies across the organization.
- Link HR programs, practices and policies with business strategies and objectives.
Results & Accountability
- Lead efforts for key HR programs such as LDR/Succession Review, Performance Management, Compensation Planning and Diversity Programs.
- Work with Executive Leadership to develop each charter's talent strategy to move the needle on employee engagement, turnover, affirmative action plans and employee development or promotion opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for cross-charter process improvements, automation and common program offerings.
- Advise Executive Leadership on trends and insights of current talent (engagement, diversity, retention) and candidate pool (acquisitions, networking guidance).
Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Assist leaders with business case development for workforce planning, add to staff and budget development.
- Serve as Liaison for Business and Talent Acquisition where necessary.
- Participate in escalated ER issues as liaison for HR BP and ER Center of Excellence.
- Partner with centers of excellence on the creation and execution of talent management programs, both customized for the relevant business function as well as enterprise wide programs.
- Advise HR Business Partners on political landscape and influencing opportunities.
- 3-5 years experience as a Talent Manager
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
From our first day in business, Wintrust has been proud to serve a variety of unique communities and people from all walks of life. To be Chicago's Bank® and Wisconsin's Bank®, we need to reflect that diversity both in all the communities we serve, the people we employ, the organizations we work with, and our banking and lending practices. Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.