Gabriele & Company, recruiters for manufacturing and supply chain professionals, is working with an expanding manufacturer of storage solutions that is looking for a hands-on Senior Manufacturing Engineer. Involved in all phases of engineering from concept to implementation, the Manufacturing Engineer will provide in-depth troubleshooting for existing product lines and offer solutions for both maintenance and manufacturing.
Our client offers a corroborative work atmosphere, the opportunity to effect positive change and an opportunity to career/professional growth!
- Investigate mechanical failures on manufacturing equipment, machinery and tools; observe operating conditions of equipment and machines where excessive breakage and defects in products occur. Recommend and implement corrective measures.
- Improve manufacturing efficiencies through analysis and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Communicate with operations and maintenance regarding daily machine issues
- Support mechanical and electrical maintenance when engineering support is needed
- Serve as technology resource for operations
- Review technical papers, catalogs and other materials to identify and recommend new technology and methods to improve plant operations
- Execute building/equipment capital projects
- Provide training and guidance to machine operators and maintenance regarding proper equipment operation
- Support environmental and safety initiatives; track/report data to regulating bodies
- B.S. in Engineering discipline (mechanical or manufacturing preferred)
- 5+ years of experience as an Engineer
- Prior experience with project management and Lean principles and tools
- Understanding of automation, machine integration, welding, plastics, and high-volume production
- Hands-on mechanical experience including building / retrofitting of machinery / trouble shooting / repairs
- AutoCAD and Solid Works