A TGI Fridays Server possesses a passion for service, is knowledgeable of menu items, and is prepared to proactively customize the dining experience to the Guests' expectations. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
KEY DECISIONS Influences:
- Greets Guests with a genuine smile, builds rapport, and ensures an enjoyable, quality dining experience.
- Looks for visual and verbal cues to identify the experience the Guest wants and customize the service to meet those expectations.
- Promptly and accurately takes food and beverage requests from Guests.
- Ensures expedient service of food and beverages to the Guest.
- Frequently checks up on the Guests and uses visual cues to provide silent service as appropriate.
- Learn TGIF menu and beverages, expertly recommends and upsells on items.
- ID all Guests ordering alcoholic beverages who appear to be 40 years old or younger.
- Follows all Fridays Service Style Standards.
- Accurately rings all orders into the POS system while simultaneously interacting with Guests when applicable.
- Practices conversational ordering by mentioning current promotional features.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Guest experience
- Exercising standards of Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Consistently fulfill the Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities above
- Service Strength Code rating meets/exceeds company standards
- Guest satisfaction scores
- Meeting all key metrics outlined on the myPerformance scorecard
COMPETENCIES PASSION FOR THE GUEST
- Must be able to deliver plates and food and clear tables
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Must be able to hear well amongst loud background noise
- Must be dressed neatly and well groomed in company approved uniform at all times
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. system, make change correctly and make credit card transactions accurately
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry Guests and notify a Manager
- Must be able to read and write notes to hearing impaired Guests
- Must be able to read menus to sight-impaired Guests
- Must be able to verbalize menu items clearly to Guests while taking their orders or responding to their request
- Must be able to read and write ? Must be able to stand and walk during entire shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe counters/tables
- Creates a seamless Guest experience for by being the face of the door, welcoming the Guests, and enthusiastically meeting their needs.
- Creates a strong first impression promptly greeting Guests.
- Pays attention to details; remembers names and favorites of regular Guests.
- Makes a difference in the guest experience by personalizing service to exceed guest expectations.
- Goes above and beyond to establish a personal connection with guests to make them feel warm, welcome and appreciated.
- Makes the bar an attractive and exciting place to visit.
- Establishes a strong rapport with all Guests to create Friday's fans and repeat business.
- Shows awareness of Guest needs and expectations; prevents problems before they occur.
- Keeps the lines of communication positive, open and productive.
FLAIR & SALESMANSHIP
- Communicates in an open, sincere manner to build rapport with Guests and Team Members.
- Shares information with others to raise awareness of potential needs and concerns.
- Keeps interaction positive and productive; avoids conveying negative messages.
- Responds positively to conflict situations and works to find appropriate solutions.
- Listens carefully and attentively to others without interrupting.
- Asks thoughtful questions to ensure proper understanding of the message being conveyed.
- Contributes to pre-shift meetings by providing relevant updates and asking appropriate questions.
- Keeps it fun and keeps it real; seeks opportunities to sell others on the whole TGI Fridays experience.
RELIABILITY & ACCOUNTABILITY
- Demonstrates a unique, lighthearted style that is personal and memorable.
- Listens carefully to Guests' needs and suggests add-ons accordingly.
- Possesses a contagious energy that translates to Guests and Team Members.
- Knows TGI Fridays drinks and menu items and is able to speak knowledgeably to make personal recommendations.
- Grows the business and expertly upsells menu items where appropriate.
- Proactively looks for ways to improve the guest experience and takes initiative to make changes as needed.
- Enthusiastically promotes the TGI Fridays brand and menu items.
- Works hard, carefully follows direction and established guidelines, and delivers quality results.
FLEXIBILITY & STRESS TOLERANCE
- Consistently arrives to work prepared and ready for the shift.
- Ensures all responsibilities are fulfilled before ending his/her shift.
- Makes him/herself available to take on additional shifts and/or responsibilities.
- Sets the standard by adhering to established rules and guidelines.
- Organizes his/her tasks in order of priority to ensure timely and thorough completion.
- Admits mistakes and takes prompt action to correct them.
- Holds self and others accountable for delivering consistent quality results.
- Knows that anything can and will happen and is willing to mix things up anyway.
TEAMWORK & COLLABORATION
- Responds quickly to changing needs and adapts as necessary to meet new challenges.
- Displays a positive, confident attitude for tackling new challenges and initiatives.
- Handles multiple tasks without becoming visibly overwhelmed or flustered.
- Easily adjusts to meet changing demands and new responsibilities.
- Promptly anticipates and reacts to potential Guest needs and problems.
- Dives into peak service situations with energy and ease.
- Responds calmly to problems and controls emotional reactions.
- Handles him/herself in a professional manner at all times.
- Fuels an environment where everyone pitches in and gets along.
- Recognizes the importance of working together to accomplish goals.
- Actively promotes cooperation, respect, and acceptance of all Team Members.
- Establishes positive and supportive working relationships with all Team Members to maintain a productive environment.
- Takes on additional responsibilities to ensure proper coverage during rush periods.
- Reaches out to Team Members when necessary to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
- Takes advantage of opportunities to set an example for new or inexperienced Team Members.