The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will support the Tecomet Woburn production site with day to day responsibility for engineering process sustainment, continuous improvement, and project support.
The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet's principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide ownership of manufacturing documentation - BOMs, Item Masters, Routings, In Process Drawings, Programs
- Provide technical leadership of chemical etching processes
- Own and lead PFMEAs - partner with quality team on control plans and ensuring measurement systems are in place meeting or exceeding process requirements. Partner with customer or internal design teams on DFMEA inputs as well as working with outputs.
- Provide oversight for tooling - perishable and non-perishable/fixturing
- Partner with quality on gauges & measurement systems
- Equipment - partner with maintenance team to ensure assets are properly maintained and fit for duty - support TPM deployment
- CAPEX - Support capital equipment planning, evaluation, and specification for the site and be interface with Tecomet Group/Corporate CAPEX process.
- Project management - Plan, lead and/or support site level projects including new equipment, NPI, process design, transfers, and lean process improvement.
- Process support - Be the primary support function for production, troubleshooting and providing required support to maintain production safety, quality, delivery, and productivity.
- Be a team member on NPI efforts involving the site.
- Conduct manufacturing estimating for quotations ensuring standard methods and approach used including time studies, research, and testing as needed.
- Drive continuous process improvement in setup times as well as cycle times to improve productivity and throughput in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- BS Degree in Engineering (Chemical Preferred)
- Advanced degree in Engineering or MBA a plus
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment, experience in chemical etch/wet processing environments is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Project Management training and/or certification ideal (ex: CAPM, PMP)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of CAD software - ability to design tooling and fixturing
- Knowledge of CAM systems and ability to do CNC programming and machining process development a plus
- Experience with chemical/wet processing operations
- Experience with project management - assessing, planning, executing, and closing.
- Working knowledge and expertise in new product and process introduction (NPPI) and validation (PPAP, PFMEA/DFMEA, etc). Experience in medical or aerospace environments are ideal.
- Experience with problem solving and driving root cause solutions (RCCM, 8D, DMAIC, etc).
- Manufacturing engineering fundamentals - engineering drawing and specification interpretation, GD&T, equipment design, and process documentation.
- Basic lean and/or industrial engineering knowledge and experience - process flow, equipment and line layout, ergonomics, etc.
- Basic ERP knowledge - able to create and maintain basic manufacturing documentation (routings, BOMs, item masters, etc)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Goal oriented and able to complete assignments on time with significant latitude and self-direction while exercising sound engineering judgement.
- Coaching and mentoring ability ideal for production and technical team members.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/Protected/ Veterans/Disabilities/Drug Free Workplace