The Senior Manager, Product Strategy works closely with the Director, Product Strategy to contribute to the development and execution of product strategy for the Senior Products division. The Senior Manager leads the development of business cases and works with colleagues in Sales & Marketing, Actuarial, Network Contracting, Clinical Services, IT, and Operations to develop and analyze the impact of potential product initiatives. Findings are presented to the leadership team to facilitate strategic decision-making. This role drives the implementation of strategies post-assessment by serving as the subject matter expert to the rest of the business and collaborating with the PMO to create implementation plans and oversee project execution. In addition, the Senior Manager is responsible for understanding marketplace trends (consumer, competitor, provider) and assessing new product opportunities (products, services, partnerships, markets) and other growth initiatives for the Senior Products division as they arise.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS* (in order of importance)
- Develop strategies to support growth and financial performance of Senior Products Division, including
- Evaluating new product opportunities and growth initiatives (e.g., new products, partnerships, sales/marketing initiatives, new markets) for the Senior Products business using qualitative and quantitative analyses of competitor, consumer, provider, regulatory, and financial information
- Leading cross-functional assessments to understand strategic implications and operational requirements associated with new opportunities and initiatives by working closely with sales, marketing, network development, product management, health plan operations, clinical services, and IT
- Developing business cases regarding product opportunities, including growth forecasts and financial analyses, e.g., IRR, NPV
- Presenting findings to and facilitate strategic decision making with senior leaders and external stakeholders (e.g., government agencies, provider groups
- Monitor competitive and consumer landscape using public and proprietary sources of quantitative and qualitative data to identify and understand emerging trends and business opportunities, e.g., membership trend data, regulatory and financial filings, consumer research. Synthesize data of multiple types (quantitative and qualitative) and sources to produce consumer and market insights to drive product strategy (product, price, placement), sales and marketing strategy, innovation, and growth initiatives
- Manage relationships with vendors and external consultants, including solicitation of proposals, vendor selection, and project oversight.
- Serve as business lead and subject matter expert for implementation of product opportunities and growth strategies Lead the collaboration process with PMO to develop implementation plans for product opportunities.
- Collaborate with the corporate strategy team on research and analysis of business opportunities and own the handoff of corporate-strategy-initiated projects to the product team.
- Manage department analysts as assigned to support responsibilities outline above
EDUCATION: (Minimum education & certifications required)
Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: (Years of experience)
7+ years of experience in strategy, product development, management consulting, or project management with demonstrated execution of business case development and leadership of strategic initiatives. Prior health industry experience is essential. Health insurance experience preferred.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: (Include interpersonal skills)
- Exceptional problem solving across a wide range of business situations
- Strategy development, including market assessment, competitive analysis, and business case development
- Superior analytical skills using a variety of qualitative and quantitative data
- Ability to understand, interpret and help drive the division's end-to-end business model
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Comfort with presenting findings in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage multiple high-profile projects
- Proven ability to interact and develop relationships with stakeholders in multiple departments
- Demonstrated ability to play a leadership role within an organization
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: (include special requirements, e.g., lifting, travel, overtime)
CONFIDENTIAL DATA: All information (written, verbal, electronic, etc.) that an employee encounters while working at Tufts Health Plan is considered confidential. Exposed to and required to deal with highly confidential and sensitive material and must adhere to corporate compliance policy, department guidelines/policies and all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
What we build together changes our customer's health for the better. We are looking for talented and innovative people to join our team. Come join us!
Please note: As of January 18, 2022, all employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
Point32Health is a leading health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better health care experience to everyone in our communities. Building on the quality, nonprofit heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, we leverage our experience and expertise to help people find their version of healthier living through a broad range of health plans and tools that make navigating health and wellbeing easier.
At Point32Health, we're working to reshape the world of health care by pushing past the status quo and delivering even more to the diverse communities we serve: more innovation, more access, more support, and healthier lives. And we want people like you on our side to make it even better.
This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Req ID: R3575