Wintrust Mortgage was founded in 1981 to help customers achieve the American dream of homeownership and has since successfully navigated the ever-changing real estate market. As a full-service, federally chartered lender with offices located across the country, we're dedicated to providing customers with a wide range of mortgage products and have the capability to lend in all 50 states. To complement the basic conventional, FHA, and VA loan programs, we are uniquely positioned to meet the needs of the continually evolving market. Wintrust Mortgage is part of Wintrust, a financial services company with more than $45 billion in assets.
As a Sales Manager, responsibilities include:
- Building a professional sales team under the Branch Manager's supervision in today's ever evolving mortgage lending environment.
- Motivating team members to reach production goals.
- Helping loan originators structure loans to best suit the needs of our borrowers/clients.
- Effectively market Wintrust Mortgage in the local community.
- Ensure that the branch follows all compliance and regulatory guidelines.
- Train new hires.
- Use interpersonal and communication skills to generate referral business, leads and relationships with individuals, existing clients, past clients and Real Estate professionals.
- Participate in training for marketing, sales, and scenario techniques to effectively sell, package and close consumer mortgages.
- Analyze loan applications to determine viability of the client's desired loan program.
- Analyze and compare credit to borrower's statement.
- Inform applicants of their risks and benefits of they are qualified for.
- Effectively communicate the terms of each product to the applicant.
- Collaborate with the loan processor to provide any additional documentation and underwriting required to close the loan.
- High School or equivalent degree.
- Must meet all NMLS requirements.
- Must have superior interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and oral), and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, energetic, with excellent time-management skills.
- Minimum of 5 years mortgage banking experience.
- Encompass experience preferred.
We provide an engaging, dynamic work environment, an excellent compensation package including 401k, employee stock purchase plan, medical/dental, life insurance and more!
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.