Have you heard? The Wills Group is Great Place to Work Certified ! We're proud of this achievement and our people who make greatness happen. Want to join a company that puts its people first?
Job Purpose and Function
The POS Administrator is responsible for critically important aspects of the business software systems and hardware used to deliver products to our customers. The role requires time management, prioritization, communication and the ability to change styles as they work at different levels of the company. The role will maintain the software and hardware that supports our retail locations and work to balance short-term achievements with long-term goals. The role will configure, install, maintain and build documentation for point-of-sale systems and other technologies in our retail locations. The POS Administrator will be work closely with the Operations, Construction and I&T teams to deliver on the established vision and goals.
How You'll Make an Impact (Key Accountabilities)
- Configure and maintain point-of-sale system hardware and software for our retail locations
- Configure and maintain store hardware and software including but not limited to:
- Customer Self Service
- Kitchen Production System
- Car Wash
- Price Sign
- Manager vendor relationships and contracts
- Maintain master software images for deployments for each retail system
- Maintain inventory of all equipment include end of life and warranties dates
- Maintain hardware stock for the support team
- Ensure systems are kept up to date and are secure
- Maintain the lab environment with latest software to ensure business users can effectively test and train.
- Maintain configuration of POS devices in headquarters software
- Ensure integrations between system are kept up to date and work effectively after upgrades
- Work as the I&T construction lead for all construction projects
- Ensure system and processes create quality data that can be readily accessed by the business
- Ensure all processes are documents and kept up to date
- Work with support and field teams to resolve any daily issues that are escalated
What We're Looking For (Qualifications and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in IT or related field preferred; alternatively, equivalent progressive system administration or related experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- 2+ years system administration experience; c-store and/or fuel industry experience preferred.
- 2+ years POS system experience; NCR preferred.
- Experience with Verifone; Gilbarco; Windows Power Shell; imaging software; SQL scripting; Innovative Control Systems (ICS); price sign technologies (Able, Datronics) strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, time management, prioritization, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to deliver results and meet customer expectations.
- Enjoys working with and supporting others.
- Ability to adapt and respond to change, cope with pressures and setbacks.
- Demonstrated analytical ability.
- Proven ability to apply expertise and technology.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for learning and researching.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with an average of 3 days per week in the field and 2 days remote each week.
Why You Should Join Wills Group
We are a $1.5 billion company headquartered in La Plata, Maryland (an easy 45-minute reverse commute from DC) with nearly 300 retail locations across the Mid-Atlantic region, including Dash In, Splash In ECO Car Wash, and SMO Motor Fuels. A family-owned company since 1926, our passion areas are in convenience retailing, fuels marketing, and commercial real estate and we pride ourselves on keeping our customers', employees' and communities' Lives in Motion.
Our Wills Group employees come to work for more than just a paycheck, but rather they come to learn, make contributions, make an impact, and feel valued as a part of our family-friendly culture. We have a work-hard, play-hard mentality that makes us a progressive company and we thrive on giving back to our community. That is what is core to our DNA.
Are you interested in joining a certified Great Place to Work that invests in your development, future, and well-being? Are you looking for more than the "daily grind" where your day-to-day work makes an impact not only for the organization but for your community and your future? Then The Wills Group is the right fit for you.
We take pride in investing in our people's well-being, that's why we back our words with competitive total rewards packages.
- Financial Wellbeing -Employer 401 (k) match (currently at 7%), health savings plan, and financial planning
- Physical Wellbeing - comprehensive health, vision, and dental plans that meet the needs of our people
- Paid Time Off - Vacation, Sick, Personal, and Community Engagement, Parental Leave for new Moms and Dads
- Work/Life Balance - Hybrid and Flexible work environment, Employee Assistance Program, Travel Assistance, Family Life Planning
- Education and Development Opportunities - 100% Tuition reimbursement to support our people's education goals, robust development programs, and certificate program assistance (up to 100% employer-paid)
- Competitive Salary - competitive pay matched to DC Metro area
- Bonus Opportunity - 10% Annually