Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports To: Plant Superintendent
Summary of duties and responsibilities: Jordan Manufacturing is seeking an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to drive the build out and execution of a plant QMS program. The Manager's responsibilities include supervising staff, the development of inspection processes, analyzing the results, and giving feedback and guidance to the Operations team. The Manager will ensure quality process implementation will keep lean standard safe work methods, customer expectations, and operational excellence top of mind. The Manager will uphold and practice safe work habits to ensure the manufacturing operations are as safe and efficient as possible.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Build foundational quality processes, disciplines, and drive sustained execution through every step of the quality control process within all facets of the operation.
2. Develop consistent quality metrics, standards, and best practices to ensure internal standards are met and link to customer specific requirements.
3. Measure, test, analyze, build, and standardize quality processes, keeping an eye on equipment efficiencies and product flow to dramatically improve organizational performance.
4. Champion cross functional ways of working to ensure vendor and customer compliance, and best in class service to our customers and consumers.
5. Implement methods to inspect, test and evaluate products and production equipment.
6. Ensure quality process control implementation training is carried through to the production workforce and engage plant floor champions to be a part of the quality process improvement.
7. Complete documentation needed to support testing procedures including data capture forms, equipment logbooks, or inventory forms.
8. Execute lean and six sigma principles and implement visual process and metric management to sustain quality controls throughout the plant.
9. Establish vendor inspections and associated quality specifications to eliminate problems before they enter the operational value stream.
10. Perform detailed and recorded inspections of final products to ensure that industry and company standards are met.
11. Perform detailed and recorded inspections of work in process to ensure that industry and company standards are met.
12. Eliminate products that are not up to standards and perform root cause problem solving.
13. Contribute to setting key performance indicators for the plant that align with organizational goals and reviews progress toward these goals with the plant management on a frequent basis.
14. Work with operations management to ensure measurement systems are built into the production teams.
15. Performs other duties as required.
Education/ Training/ Experience:
1. 3-5 years working experience as a quality thought leader with proven results.
2. Demonstrated ability to influence cross functional and operational teams driving quality improvements throughout the system.
3. Experience in change management developing, implementing, and controlling new processes across a fast-paced organization.
4. Experience supporting crucial decision making in high pressure situations.
5. Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
6. Experience managing customer quality specifications, including customer sustainability initiatives.
7. Ability to work cross functionally and handle multiple projects that deliver on time.
8. BS in Project Management, Engineering, QMS, or similar relevant field.
9. Lean Certified and Six Sigma preferred.
10. ASQ certified Manager of Quality Certification preferred.
1. Have a deep understanding of quality systems and processes.
2. Organized, proactive, and motivating influential team leader.
3. Computer experience in ERP systems, reporting, and MS Office.
4. Strong communications, writing, and interpersonal skills.
5. High EQ.
Physical environment/ Working conditions: The position is a key builder of foundational process establishment, improvement, and cultural change management within the plant. Could involve some travel. Work duties in the factory could involve sitting, standing, walking, and lifting for long period of time throughout the day.
- Other: Must be team and goal oriented