Pulmonology-Critical Care opening in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Title: Philadelphia, PA (suburb): Pulmonary/CC. Hospital based. Mostly provide ICU coverage & hosp inpt pulm consultations. $ Strong comp pkg/earning ptnl
HEADLINE: Philadelphia, PA (upscale and growing suburb): Pulmonary/
Critical Care physician is needed for hospital-based position. This facility has four Board Certified Pulmonologists/Critical Care physicians. The new Pulmonologist/Critical Care physician will predominantly provide ICU coverage and hospital inpatient pulmonary consultations. They have a 20-bed ICU. The call will be 1:5. $ The financial package and earning potential are both strong.
- This is a rapidly growing, upscale, and suburban location of Philadelphia. The area has seen a huge amount of growth (almost 20%) over the last decade.
- The schools are excellent with many private and public choices and the area has a strong economy, a low cost of living, and an excellent payer mix.
- Residents really have the best of all worlds with all the safety and slower pace of the suburbs but with the big city and all it has to offer just minutes away.
- You will be able to enjoy and take full advantage of living very close to a big city such as Philadelphia, which will offer you numerous educational, cultural, and recreational opportunities and amenities! You will also be situated just a 90 minute drive to New York City, 90 minutes to historical Lancaster county, and less than one hour to the beautiful New Jersey or Delaware beaches.
This hospital is seeking a full-time pulmonary/critical care physician.
- Availability: Pulmonary Medicine/Critical Care Medicine fellows completing their training and available in the summer of 2020 and 2021, and pulmonary/critical care physicians who have work experience are all welcome to apply and will all be strongly considered.
- Sleep Medicine: There is opportunity to practice Sleep Medicine if the physician is trained and has an interest. However, Sleep Medicine is optional and is not a requirement.
- Duties/Responsibilities: The predominance of this position will be to provide ICU coverage and hospital inpatient pulmonary consultations. The new pulmonary/critical care physician will spend a small percentage of her or his time seeing pulmonary patients in the office.
- This hospital currently has four Board Certified Pulmonologists/ Critical Care physicians, one Nurse Practitioner and two Physician Assistants.
- Call Schedule: With the addition of the new pulmonologist/critical care physician, the call schedule will be 1:5.
- Their hospital has Hospitalists available. They provide evening coverage.
- There is no running around because their one office is located right in their hospital building that they will be admitting to.
- Hospital: The new Pulmonologist/Critical Care physician will be hospital based and working at one top-notch and well-regarded community hospital. They have 20 ICU beds. It is also one of the area s leading providers of comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services. It offers a full range of acute, ambulatory and emergency services. It is well known for excellence in cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, obstetrics, pediatrics, diagnostics and rehabilitation services. In addition, it offers comprehensive services for all ages.
As previously stated, their pulmonary/critical care physicians are all employed by this top-notch and well-regarded community hospital.
- The hospital is offering a strong financial compensation package, which includes (but is not limited to):
- Very competitive and negotiable starting base salary which is commensurate with the candidate and what she or he has to offer
- Productivity incentive based on RVUs
- Comprehensive fringe benefits package
- Occurrence malpractice
- Major medical health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- 401 K Retirement Plan
- Paid vacation
- The earning potential is strong!