The Principal Engineer Structural/Civil is responsible for leading and validating major civil/structural projects, initiatives, calculations across the entire EDF-R organization. Additional responsibility is serving as the senior technical advisor for the Civil, Geotechnical and Structural Engineering services and activities associated with the development, design, construction, and commissioning of EDF Renewables projects.
- Development and Implementation activities; responsible for:
- Mentoring the Structural, Geotechnical and Civil engineers engaged in the support of US projects.
- Draft processes and procedures for Structural, Geotechnical and Civil engineering business activities in the support of US projects.
- Review 3rd party designs/studies and deliverables, including those in support of equipment procurement.
- Preparation of in-house or consultant produced preliminary/Issued For Bidding designs including supporting calculations, engineering reports (including geotechnical and hydrology), diagrams and related data tables.
- Construction support through: review of design and construction drawings, calculations, study reports and specifications. Review and respond to RFI, Submittals and Change Orders. Site visit to assess specific design and construction issues and challenges.
- Support Pre-Construction and Project teams in RFPs preparation, EPC bid proposal reviews and contract negotiations.
- As a Principal Engineer for Civil and Structural disciplines:
- Provides input, and their input is sought for, all technical topics related to Structural, Foundation and Civil engineering, and Solar Tracker systems.
- Supports projects during their entire life cycle including, but not limited to: development, pre-construction, engineering and construction, due diligence, performance liability, operation and maintenance.
- Leads cross-functional teams within EDF-R to resolve structural/civil problems.
- Coordinates with the Director of Engineering for support, as requested, on projects beyond North America.
- Responsible for enforcing engineering best practices for correctness of work, constructability, safety, quality and compliance with regulatory agency requirements.
- Foster innovation and process improvement within the team of Civil/Structural engineers.
- Actively participates in external technical seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Structural, Civil or Geotechnical engineering, (Masters preferred).
- 10+ years industry experience in structural/civil design. A minimum of 5 years of hands-on design experience.
- A recognized expert with extensive and a comprehensive multi-disciplinary knowledge in Structural, Civil and Geotechnical engineering analysis and practices.
- Knowledge of relevant codes and standards (IEC, ASCE, AISC, API, DNV, ASTM, ASME, Eurocodes, etc.), as well as engineering principles and practices required to produce safe, efficient, reliable, easy to operate and maintain, and cost-effective designs,
- Proficient with the use of engineering software including ArchiCAD, AutoCAD, and industry standard FEA. Experienced with various Microsoft software programs including but not limited to Word, Excel, Visio, Project, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to independently resolve, and mentor others on complex problems within the domain of expertise. Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement and perform formal technical review and approvals
- Highly motivated, self-starter, ability to work well with others and be a good team player
Ability to lift 50lbs.
80% of the time is spent in an office environment utilizing computers (frequent use of MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Project), phones, and general office equipment. 20% of the time is spent in the field.
LI-Hybrid Requisition ID:
External Company Name: EDF Renewables North America
External Company URL:
Street: 15445 Innovation Dr
Pay Range (displays on Job Posting websites, please indicate hourly or annually): $126,600 - $211,000 Annually