Samuels and Son Seafood Company, the leading purveyor of fresh and frozen fish is looking to expand our payroll team by adding a Payroll Specialist.
The payroll specialist will assist in processing all aspects of payroll. The payroll specialist will work closely with all department heads, managers, supervisors and employees.
- Assists in maintaining payroll information for the Company.
- Assist in the collection, calculation, and entering of data to include timesheets, expense reports, bonuses, commissions and other miscellaneous earnings and / or deductions.
- Checking timesheets for accuracy.
- Entering data into the HRIS system and spreadsheets.
- Handling direct deposit requests.
- Processing wage garnishments with the upmost confidentiality.
- Making adjustments in the HRIS system as necessary.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of data as requested on a regular or special request basis.
- Research and resolve any tax discrepancies with payroll tax vendor.
- Provides payroll information by answering internal and external questions.
- Assist in maintaining employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping files and information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing additional related tasks as needed.
- Assists in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning payroll.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Skills/Abilities/Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills/abilities/competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Proficient in MS Office suite or similar software
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with ADP workforce, a plus
- Ability to work with a team.
- Knowledge of garnishments, payroll and benefit deductions.
- Time management, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excels in a fast-paced environment