Wintrust Mortgage was founded in 1981 to help customers achieve the American dream of homeownership and has since successfully navigated the ever-changing real estate market. As a full-service, federally chartered lender with offices located across the country, we're dedicated to providing customers with a wide range of mortgage products and have the capability to lend in all 50 states. To complement the basic conventional, FHA, and VA loan programs, we are uniquely positioned to meet the needs of the continually evolving market. Wintrust Mortgage is part of Wintrust, a financial services company with more than $45 billion in assets.
As the Loan Originator, primary responsibilities include:
- Use interpersonal and communication skills to generate referral business, leads and relationships with individuals, existing clients, past clients and Real Estate professionals.
- Participate in training for marketing, sales, and scenario techniques to effectively sell, package and close consumer mortgages.
- Take thorough and complete loan applications; analyze and prequalify applicant information to determine viability of the client's desired loan program.
- Pull and analyze credit and compare for accuracy with the borrower's statements.
- Provide guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the applicant is qualified for.
- Effectively communicate the terms of each product and ensure all documents necessary are signed by the borrower.
- Provide the loan package to the loan processor for review. Work with the loan processor to provide any additional documentation as necessary and required by underwriting to clear conditions and close the loan.
- Must meet all NMLS requirements.
- Must have superior interpersonal, organizational, communication (both written and oral), and telephone etiquette skills.
- Must be a self starter, motivated, energetic, with excellent time-management skills.
- Minimum of 3 years mortgage banking experience.
Wintrust Financial Corporation, including community banking and financial services subsidiaries, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran or any other characteristic protected by law.