IT Support Engineer
LOCATION - This role will partially be based in Notting Hill as well as roaming between the Alpha Plus sites.
Alpha Plus Group are looking for enthusiastic, customer-focused and technically proficient IT Operations Engineer who will be school-based. You will support Alpha Plus schools and will act as their lead point of contact of IT issues.
You will be responsible for providing IT support and strategic advice in support of teaching and learning.
Reports to: Team Leader, based at the Head Office.
Hours: 8.30am to 4.30pm (these may vary slightly depending on specific school requirements).
Holiday: 25 days annual leave per annum plus public holidays.
- Lead point of contact for IT issues in allocated school(s).
- Proactive management, monitoring and maintenance of the school's IT systems.
- Maintain IT asset register for school.
- Assisting school IT leaders develop and implement their IT strategies.
- Work with school IT leaders to ensure IT supports the educational needs of the school.
- Provide technical support for school IT systems.
- Install new and upgraded IT systems.
- Ensure the integrity of the school's IT systems are maintained.
- Provide technical advice in support of the resolution of IT incidents.
- Work with the Service Desk to ensure escalated IT issues are resolved within their SLA.
- Work with Head Office in implementing IT systems.
- Document the setup and configuration of all IT systems bespoke to the school.
- Manage IT incidents in a structured way using the Service Desk tool.
- Manage IT problems to resolution.
- Ensure IT changes are managed in a structured way and documented.
- Advise on system enhancements and make recommendations for improvements or replacements.
- Support the deployment of school systems as required.
- Provide advice and guidance on the use of IT systems to staff and students.
- Ensure IT documentation and asset lists are kept up to date.
- Assist in the design, implementation and management of a comprehensive Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Assist in the selection and acquisition of computer hardware, software and third party application packages.
- Ensure Alpha Plus Group policies are adhered to, with a focus on IT and data security.
- Ensure local school policies and procedures are in place to maintain fully operational, robust and secure ICT systems.
- Work flexibly as required in support of the duties of the role.
- Strong educational focus.
- Strong technical skills, specifically in the use of Microsoft products such as:
- Microsoft 365 Suite
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2012 and above
- Active Directory and Group policy management
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent communicator.
- Customer focused.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills.
- Analysis skills.
- Strong verbal reasoning ability.
- Technologically agile.
- A strong technical understanding of IT systems.
- Proven experience of server and network infrastructure support.
- Experience of diagnosing and resolving technical errors.
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to users in their use of IT equipment.
- Experience of implementing IT system changes.
- Experience in the education sector would be beneficial but is not essential.
The Alpha Plus Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our children. All staff are trained in child protection and understand to report concerns by following the safeguarding policies. We ensure all candidates are properly police-checked, and the successful candidate will need to obtain an enhanced disclosure via the DBS.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.