AMS Industries, Inc. is a Mechanical contracting firm serving the commercial, industrial, refrigeration and nuclear industries (PMT). With over 57 years of existence, AMS has grown from a small refrigeration contractor with a few employees to a multi discipline and multi market MEP contractor with more than 500 employees. We strive to meet our commitments to clients, develop our people and help improve communities.
Located out of our beautiful Nashville, TN facility and reporting to the General Manager. The HVAC/R Service Technician will do Maintenance, Repairs, Retrofit Projects, Troubleshooting, Customer and Account Management. The Technician would also be responsible to abide by AMS extensive safety culture.
- Responsible for HVAC/R service, repair and maintenance support to office buildings, multifamily residential high rises, process/manufacturing, healthcare, education and retail facilities.
- Perform routine and emergency service.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities as a journeyman service technician including paperwork, documentation, customer relations, communication, repair and PM schedules.
- Participate with on-call duties as required.
- Freon based refrigeration background a plus.
- College degree or Equivalent work experience.
- Experience and working knowledge of all commercial ventilation system, unitary systems, heating systems and controls.
- Completion of UA-572 apprenticeship or equivalent a plus.
- Prior safety training a plus, OSHA 30, fall and Arc blast.
- Clean driving record.
- Willingness to participate in continuing education programs.