Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
We are looking for a highly engaging, safety and customer focused individual to join our team as Security Officer. The successful candidate for this role is engaging, highly detailed, and is open to learning and leading by example, responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests and team, as well as being there to support the team both personally and professionally.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Security Officer is responsible for the safety and security of guests and employees and the property. This includes supporting other department activities to help assure the highest levels of guest and employee service. If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
- Carry out the safety policies and procedures of the property and Benchmark, while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and teamwork atmosphere as per standards of service.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment for guests and associates.
- Reduce the opportunity for the commission of crimes using preventive patrol and high visibility of security throughout the premises on a timely schedule.
- Promote and preserve the peace on premises to assure a comfortable and non-threatening environment for guests and employees.
- Aid, or seek aid for, individuals who are in danger of physical harm, or in need of medical attention.
- Respond to emergencies as prescribed in Emergencies Service Procedures of the property.
- Assure the security of guest and employee information both in written reports and in general business operations.
- Complete all Daily Activity and Incident Reports.
- Help assure compliance with Liquor Laws.
- Assist in developing and presenting security related programs.
- Review and edit written records produced by Security Officers.
- Aid in other job classification as determined necessary by immediate superior.
What are we looking for?
- Someone with a High school diploma or equivalent.
- Someone with prior hospitality/purchasing experience preferred
- Someone with at least one year customer service experience preferred
- Someone with 2 years Security or Police (military or civilian) experience, preferably with exposure to the hotel environment
- Someone with 2 years of college in a safety, security or hospitality related discipline
- Someone with able to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
- Someone with First Aid/CPR certification, prefer instructor rating
- Someone with high quality written and oral communication skills
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.