VineBrook Homes is an internally managed real estate investment company, focused on acquiring, renovating, leasing and operating single-family homes as rental properties. An early investor and developer of the Single-Family Rental home (SFR) asset class, we commenced operations in late 2007. Our proven, yield-focused investment strategy targets a unique opportunity building a portfolio of workforce SFR assets in key secondary and tertiary markets. Our growing SFR REIT portfolio is currently comprised of approximately 21,000+ homes. VineBrook Homes is undergoing a major expansion of its strategy, expecting to drive toward 25,000+ homes.
We are currently seeking a qualified full-time General Laborer/Courier who is professional, polite, prompt, and dedicated to providing the best possible housing experience to our residents. If you are a candidate who desire a long-term career opportunity with a successful company in the residential services industry, please send us your resume.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Tasks-Duties-Responsibilities for this position
- Posting of notices such as maintenance, legal, eviction, etc. on rental properties doors.
- Courier documents and other items when needed in the local market area.
- Check rental properties for occupancy.
- Prepare notices, and complete other office functions.
- Track and turn in invoices, packing slips, part receipts, contract daily.
- Serves as a liaison between the Leasing office and the residents or the local community in general.
- Referral of all tenant questions, issues, and matters to the leasing office.
- Potentially complete basic maintenance requests and tasks as assigned
- Potentially change locks on rental properties or change via quickset or smart-keys
- Conducts themselves with the highest level of professionalism.
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as required by the Portfolio Manager.
KNOWLEDGE-SKILLS-ABILITIES Competencies needed for this position.
- Physical Ability - Requires the ability to lift carry, push, and pull medium weights up to 75 pounds.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Written Comprehension - The ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing.
- Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
- Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Exemplary Customer Service skills
- Time Management skills
- PC and Microsoft Office skills
- Proficiency with iPhone, iPad
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Prior experience in a courier role
- Prior experience using YARDI software
- Valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Pass a Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Credit, and Criminal Background Check.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of the job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence; therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants shall be considered for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We are also a Drug Free Work Place. Qualified applicants will also be required to pass a drug screening before receiving an offer or beginning employment. Refusal to submit to testing will result in disqualification of further employment consideration.