We are a fourth generation owned Produce distribution company with a customer base extending from Maine to Connecticut (and all points in between!).
We are looking for two dispatchers who thrive in a fast-paced environment! Ideal candidates are individuals that can handle balance multiple priorities, enjoys thinking on their feet, and is a solution-oriented person. If you are a person with a strong sense of accountability who enjoys working with people and is passionate about results and can follow through, want to talk with you!
Dispatcher Schedules we are looking to fill : (1) Early Morning Shift (3 am - 12 pm) and (1) Daytime Shift (10 am - 7 pm)
To be successful in this role you should:
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment
- Adaptable to new situations
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable speaking/acting with authority
- Strong sense of customer service
- Ability to focus and follow through on assigned responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties as assigned):
- Support daily driver activities including safety, DOT compliance, and management of deliveries
- Review returns, damages and overages and consolidate for return to stock.
- Daily monitoring of fleet drivers for route performance and adherence to planned route
- Coordinate workflow to ensure timely and accurate customer deliveries.
- Contact appropriate contact in regards to updates on delivery times.
- Previous transportation dispatching experience
- Effective communication skills; excellent attention to detail and decision-making skills
- Team oriented with good interpersonal skills; demonstrates initiative
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
- Comfortable working with customers as well as sales, accounting, and other departments.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel etc..)