Thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our Jersey City branch is looking for a new Director, Key Account Management - Consumer Vertical to join their Sales team.
As a Key Account Manager at Kuehne+Nagel, we believe your plus shapes our future. Your plus is the sum of your expertise, your background and your unique set of skillsets creating growth and value to the evolving market of logistics. Join a highly successful sales team with one of the world's leading logistics providers based in New York, NY as part of our growing, international network. Our Key Account Managers are strategic consultants with the ultimate responsibility to understand our customers' needs and requirements in proposing solutions that add value and build long lasting partnerships.
- Directly responsible for key accounts: engaging with the customer and Kuehne+Nagel's network as the lynchpin in developing a strong relationship.
- Actively plans and executes key account strategy: defining strategic approach on value proposition & solution as well as the internal and external positions of Kuehne+Nagel on RFQs & tenders; partnering with our business units to deliver attractive pricing and service.
- Proactively identifies new opportunities: increasing the footprint of business and solutions with assigned customer(s), ensuring an attractive and sizeable pipeline and high closing ratio.
- Regularly conducts structured review sessions: aligning and updating customers on customer strategy and priorities; adjusting our value proposition; offering continuous improvement and innovation.
- Competently connects virtual account teams: ensuring true global customer representation, collaborating with related
Key Account Manager networks globally and exchanging best practices and sales leads.
- Successfully controls monthly performance: monitoring volume, profitability, pipeline, overdues, and ensuring immediate actions in case of deviations (i.e. timeliness / accurate reporting).
- Effectively hands over new business: transitioning new business into operations to ensure that customer requirements and the commitments of Kuehne+Nagel are met.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Undergraduate degree in logistics or related business field.
- Experience with Logistics processes, systems and solutions.
- Requires a minimum of 5-7 years of freight forwarding sales experience.
Good Reasons to Join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment. Kuehne+Nagel's general working model is four (4) days office and one (1) day remote. However, some positions may offer a different hybrid model depending on the job location, function, etc. The working schedule specific details will be discussed in your job interview. Kuehne+Nagel reserves the right to change or adjust the working model policy.