Design and Technology Teacher - ECT's are welcome - Bexley
Want to work in a progressive school with creativity at its heart? Want to join a school where professional development and staff voice are core to our everyday practice?
Our school is a large non-selective, co-educational school situated in Erith in the northern sector of the London Borough of Bexley, outer London. The school's capacity is for 2000 students and the current roll is 1600 students, including over 130 students in the Sixth Form. The school converted to academy status in 2010. Having been under-subscribed in recent years, the school pan was recently reduced to 300, but some year groups are large with over 300 students in older year groups.
Our Creative Arts Faculty are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate DT Teacher to join our team. We have excellent training opportunities for ECTs working alongside our in house professional tutor and experienced classroom practitioner within the department.
The vision for the school is to develop into a specialist arts provision, this is an exciting time to join the team and grow the department into an outstanding arts provider for Bexley children.
We encourage you to visit our school prior to applying so that you can meet our wonderful and articulate students and enjoy a tour of our beautiful building and facilities.
About the role:
- Outer London Main to Upper Pay Scales (£29,915 - £45,766)
- Full time
- Permanent (employed directly by the school)
- Starting on 1st September 2022
- Suitable for ECT's and Experienced MPS and UPS teachers
- Must have QTS Status and experience of teaching Design and Technology to KS3 and above
- To ensure a high-quality learning experience for students according to their educational needs, meeting internal and external quality standards.
- Lessons to be planned using a variety of delivery methods which will stimulate learning and ensure progress appropriate to student needs and demands of the syllabus.
Interviews are being held straight away, so immediate applications are urged and advised
If shortlisted, our team will be in touch within 24-48hrs to discuss the position further.
Please see our website page headed 'About' and scroll to the bottom to see our 'Privacy Notice' for an explanation about how we use information we collect about you.