WHO WE ARE
Origin is America's next big brand. We make everything from dirt-to-shirt right here in our Maine and North Carolina-based factories. Workwear, Huntwear, Fightwear and Lifewear are the core of our business, and we are the first brand to manufacture footwear in Franklin County, Maine in the last 30 years. We pride ourselves in making heirloom quality, durable goods right here in America.
Origin was first launched in 2011. In 2013, our founder, Pete Roberts, with the help of friends and family, cleared a forest and built a small timber-frame factory, with the sole purpose to make the world's BEST Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gear. Since then, we have grown, now headquartered in the heart of downtown Farmington, Maine and Asheboro, North Carolina, and expanding our product offerings to include apparel, denim jeans, outerwear, footwear, and JOCKO FUEL nutritional supplements.
Check out our website to learn more about the products we pour our hearts into:
BUT THERE IS MORE
More than creating the best products on the planet, Origin believes in the American Dream and that it's still very much alive. We believe in our communities and our local workforce. We believe in the reshoring of our machinery and rebuilding the knowledge and skills of the past to create economic sustainability here at home, for generations to come. This is a mission we support wholeheartedly as Origin has grown to become one of the largest privately-owned employers in Franklin County Maine, and one of the fastest-growing businesses in America, making the Inc. 500 for the past three years.
COPYWRITER ROLE OVERVIEW
Origin USA is seeking a Copywriter to help bring voice to our brand image and campaigns. You'll be part of a dynamic team responsible for ideating and articulating our voice across multiple platforms, articulating the rich, compelling stories which help drive our Brands' strategic objectives. This role will work closely with our creative and marketing team.
COPYWRITER ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and hone brand voice and tone on promotions, signage, packaging, advertising, campaigns, in alignment with brand image and strategic objectives.
- Draft creative product descriptions and specs which speak to our customers, seamlessly blending technical information which details our products and persuades customers to purchase.
- Apply new, innovative ideas to develop headlines, sub-lines, call to action, and subject lines for our landing pages, home pages, special features, promotions, and email campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to achieve vertical and lateral alignment in marketing and creative content goals.
- Research and maintain awareness of industry trends, SEO, and other opportunities to strategically enhance brand goals and business objectives.
- Maintain exceptional standards for proper grammar usage and sentence structure.
- Maintain brand voice.
COPYWRITER ROLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in English, Journalism, or related field
- Knowledge of SEO principles and achievement strategies
- Exceptional grammar and editing skills
- Ability to communicate and present concepts in a clear and engaging manner, synthesizing complex information into digestible content.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while maintaining deadlines
- A minimum of 4 (4+) years of experience of copywriting or content writing experience, with some time working for a brand.
- Portfolio of writing samples
WE ARE SEEKING TEAM MEMBERS WHO ARE:
-Detail-Oriented: You take pride in what you do.
-Solutions-Oriented: You ninja the heck out of problems.
-Punctual: You hit the ground running.
-Growth-oriented: You're not just about the job but also the journey.
-Enthusiastic about puppies: Seriously, we mean that.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience. We have a very talented creative and marketing team. We're seeking an individual who can enable continued growth within this team and department.
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM - 5 PM.
- Health, vision, dental benefits.
- 401k with employer match, immediately vested.
- Employee Assistance Program
Origin USA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.