Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform unusual, difficult, and highly diversified inspection duties involving the inspection of machine shop manufactured products having extremely close tolerances.
- Utilize all types of precision measuring instruments and special inspection equipment such as toolmaker microscopes. Surface tables, comparator, contour reader, analyzers etc., in order to make first piece, in process, and final inspection for quality and appearance in accordance with customer/company specifications, where only general methods are available.
- Perform difficult and exacting inspections of complicated, extremely close tolerance, machined parts.
- Plan inspection procedures and develop/devise inspection set-ups of surface block/table and related dial indicators, gauges, measuring devices, and special equipment such as toolmaker microscopes, comparator contour reader, analyzers, CMM programmable measuring equipment, involving determinations of true positions and geometric tolerances of dimensions.
- Responsible for determining acceptance or rejection of product notifying department supervisors and own supervisor of failures to meet customer specifications.
- Fill our shipping papers with each order.
- Notify supervisor of unusual problems.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
- Follow established company rules and regulations, safety precautions and maintain quality standards.
- Perform other related duties as required or as directed.
- CMM programming Experience a must
- Work from customer drawings/specifications, mil-specifications, prints ,sketches, work order routing forms, shipping papers, history file inspection data, acceptance/rejection forms and verbal/written instructions from supervisor.
- Work with full range of inspection precision measuring instruments and special equipment such as CMM machine, comparator, toolmaker microscopes, surface tables, dial indicator gauges, blocks contour reader, analyzers, magnifying lights, and related tools, gauges and equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Equivalent to complete accredited apprentices in a machinist trade.
- Requires the use of advanced trades mathematics, together with use of complicated drawings, specifications, all varieties of precision instruments.
- Time Factors/Weight Factors: Frequent-over 40% up to 70% of the time I Very light-1# to 5#
- Occasional - over 15% up to 40% of the time / Light 5# to 25# Rarely - up to 15% of the time I Average 25# to 60#
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Climbing stairs
- Hearing correctable to unamplified human voice.
- Manual dexterity: excellent
- Ability to complete and deliver oral/written reports
- Ability to meet safety, regulatory, and health guidelines without assistance.
- Ability to travel by auto/air unassisted.
- Continuous mental/visual concentration