Who We Are
Harris Kocher Smith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm specializing in civil engineering design, forensic engineering, transportation/traffic engineering, water resources engineering, professional land surveying, construction staking and construction management services to institutional, governmental, and private clients in Colorado and Texas. We have an excellent reputation for the quality of our work and our careful attention to quality control, timelines, and cost efficiency for our clients. We are a team of creative problem-solvers and thinkers looking for a highly-motivated, responsible individual to work on civil land development projects in our Denver office.
About This Job
Harris Kocher Smith is looking for a 2-4 year engineer to assist project managers and project engineers in a fast-paced environment with land development engineering projects. Candidates will be required to research local design standards as well as prepare engineering documents. Experience designing grading, roadways, stormwater handling features, utility improvements /pipe networks, and cross-sections and profiles preferred for more experienced candidates.
Civil Design Engineer Essential Functions and Duties
- Under general supervision, develop designs and drawings from preliminary concepts, sketches, specification sheets, engineering directives, and other data, according to client specifications
- Produce engineering plan sets and submit documentation packages while following standard operating procedures
- Quality check all work and work of other designers to ensure complete and accurate plans are provided to engineers
Civil Design Engineer Requirements
- B.S. in Civil Engineering from an accredited school
- EIT certification preferred but not required
- 2+ years of experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D preparing a variety of site plans, land surveys, and topographic maps
- Ability to prepare calculations for storm drain, water systems, and develop earth quantities
- Ability to prepare grading, utility, and roadway plans
- Ability to follow and apply CAD standards
Civil Design Engineer Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Team-oriented individual willing to assist with a wide range of projects and work with multiple project managers
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; gather and analyze information skillfully
- Communicate effectively
$65,000-$80,000 per year
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience.
Harris Kocher Smith offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- 401(k) benefit and employer match
- Vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Educational opportunities
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the Company to extend equal opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin, veteran status or disability. This policy applies to recruitment, employment, promotion, assignment, training, demotion and discharge, and all other actions affecting personnel.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.