Note: This job is for Indeed Flex, but will take place at a client's worksite.
Looking to fast-forward your experience as a Chef?
Enjoy the challenge of working in different environments? Want the freedom to choose your own work schedule?
Take control of your Chef career with Indeed Flex - no CV required.
We're Indeed Flex, and we provide job seekers with the fastest way to find temporary work that fits their lifestyles, giving you the choice over where, when, and for whom you work.
We're currently recruiting a core team of Chef de Parties for a variety of UK venues, including cafes, restaurants, hotels, and other big events. You'll be employed by Indeed Flex with shifts taking place at specific venues, including some of the most prestigious restaurants in the UK.
- Salary: £14.25 - £31.04 - Depending on skills and experience
- Shift Options: Varying shifts available (choose when to you want to work)
- Holiday pay accrued at 12.07%
- Location: Edinburgh
You'll be working alongside a team of professionals with the freedom to share your knowledge and help shape the team. You should ideally have experience in cooking dishes on a set menu in a similar environment. This could be in the restaurant, or in the banqueting kitchen.
You'll be proficient and confident working in all sections of the kitchen, as well as helping the junior staff during service.
- Cooking dishes based on a set menu to an exceptional standard in high volume
- Working within a team environment to ensure everything is running smoothly
- Following strict health and hygiene standards, ensuring that junior staff are also following
- Following recipes and providing meals with quality, consistency and within timing standards
- Completing assignments provided by senior staff members.
- Learning new skills and methods to improve overall team performance.
Not a Chef de Partie? No problem. We'll ensure that you're matched to the best roles by assessing your skills and experience during the interview process.
Why join Indeed Flex?
As a Flexer, you'll receive access to a range of exclusive benefits, provided by us free of charge in partnership with Collective:
- Free insurance, from paid sick days to accidents and family leave.
- 24/7 digital GP and mental health support.
- Savings on food, fuel, technology, and more with dozens of deals and discounts.
- Competitive wages are paid weekly.
- Access to a fast-growing community of like-minded Flexers.
- Holiday pay (accrued at a rate of 12.07%), sick pay, and pension.
- Earn with our refer a friend scheme - you can BOTH receive £40 EACH when they complete their first shift PLUS ANOTHER £20 EACH once they complete a third shift. *Limited time only see T&Cs*