Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands - including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® - to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation - 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 floating holidays + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully:
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Primary Function / Primary Goals / Objectives:
This position is responsible for testing the necessary raw ingredient, in process, and finished product as prescribed in the various quality procedures and assuring specifications and quality guidelines are met. The incumbent is responsible for producing the highest quality results while operating within the constraints of the manufacturing schedule and safety guidelines. The chemist I is responsible for maintaining good manufacturing practices and good laboratory practices. The chemist I is responsible for developing positive relations with other chemists and operators from other departments that interact with the laboratory. The incumbent is also responsible for providing timely feedback to the chemist following them, their lead chemist, and their supervisor as to the status of their area of responsibility.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
Responsible for analytical testing on raw ingredients, in-process and finished product, and plant utilities. This also includes testing for release of product to manufacturing for further processing, filling, and finishing. This position will obtain and test environmental samples for compliance to specifications outlined in the Lab Methods Manual. The chemist I will be responsible for maintaining their training documents and driving their training. The Chemist I will be responsible for identifying and solving immediate problems with some assistance from the supervisor, and from the Chemist II, and Chemist III. A chemist I will be responsible for initiating troubleshooting for minor testing problems. This individual will recognize and report method procedure problems, and out-of-specification conditions, and is expected to perform all Chemist I functions. The chemist I will identify out-of-specification conditions and initiate investigation into the cause of quality concerns and is responsible for correcting minor problems concerning test results.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry or calculus), plus 2 years of laboratory experience or 4 years experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- OR a Science related Associates Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry or calculus), plus 1 year of related laboratory experience or 2 years experience in a food or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- OR a Science related Bachelor's Degree with at least 1 year of appropriate college lab studies and 1 year of college mathematics (algebra, geometry, trigonometry or calculus).
- The analytical chemist I uses basic laboratory skills when conducting analysis, and mathematics when calculating curves and results.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at , on Facebook at and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.