We at Maple Leaf Farms are the leading world provider in all Duck meat Products. Within our multiple Milford-based facilities, we engage in all steps of food production from farm to plate. We have multiple shifts and positions for you to choose from. Apply to join our Maple Leaf Team!
Why You Should Work with Us!
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time off
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Generous attendance policy with Attendance Bonus!
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Raises after 120-Days on the job
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
Under the supervision of Quality Assurance Supervisor, performs visual and measured inspections of materials in process and/or pre-operation inspections of facilities and equipment in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices, HACCP, SSOPs, SOPs, Food Safety principles, and USDA regulations, to assure quality production.
- Responsible for pre-operational sanitation inspection of all production areas of the processing plant. Determine sanitation effectiveness, requiring re-cleaning when necessary.
- Verify all scales to ensure accuracy; send to maintenance for repairs, if necessary. Test thermometers for accurate readings.
- Responsible for ensuring carcass chiller is in Run mode. Set water flow to carcass chiller, giblet chiller and vent gun and verifies chlorine levels according to USDA requirements.
- Change temperature chart at carcass chiller and cooler daily.
- Record giblet and carcass chiller meter readings.
- Responsible for verifying and/or mixing of marinade according to specification for injection and tumbling into products.
- Perform various CCP and AQL tests and/or verifications; giblet quality, giblet stuffing, case weights, freezer temperatures, product temperatures, fecal contamination, breast inspection, carcass rinse, footbaths and hand rinse etc. Document findings and report any issues to Production Supervision or Production Monitors.
- Complete required documents, make copies, distribute necessary paperwork, file originals.
- Inspect incoming ingredients and/or supplies; quantity and truck cleanliness
- Perform related duties as required.